- Last updated on .
- Hits: 1906
Cheap flights to Languedoc & South France in 2023
With Ryanair and Easyjet still offering great deals on cheap flights to the Languedoc region in France, now is the time to plan your next holiday in the Languedoc. Here is the full summer 2023 schedule of cheap flights to the 6 low cost airports in Languedoc Roussillon and Southern France (from the UK, Ireland and continental Europe).
Most of these airports in Languedoc have been developed by either Ryanair or Easyjet, to take advantage of the low landing fees to provide cheap flights to the South of France from Northern Europe. Even though most ex-Pats I bump into in the Languedoc take great fun in knocking Ryanair and Easyjet, what they cannot escape is the unfortunate truth that these budget airlines providing cheap flights to Languedoc then the region would not have been opened up to a larger tourism market.
When we began Go Languedoc 17 years ago, I would say that around 50% of our customers took the long drive down from Ireland and the UK. Now it is less than 20%. We did have some Norwegian guests last year who drove down from Oslo, but they vowed never to do it again!
Cheap flights to Languedoc Roussillon 2023
There are now 6 local airports that operate cheap flights to Languedoc and Provence. Most of these are former airfields that have been developed to handle larger passenger flights. All of these Languedoc airports have taken great strides in recent years to develop greater passenger facilities. Most have undertaken or in the case of Perpignan and Carcassonne in the process of undertaking major refurbishments.
Marseille-Provence airport 2023 flights
Marseille airport in South France is quite handy for reaching villas in Provence, St Tropez and also holiday rentals around Nimes and Montpellier (1 hour 20 mins drive).
Marseille airport is the fifth busiest airport in France (by passenger numbers) and third largest for cargo traffic. The airport serves over 132 destinations and receives nearly 9 million passenger journeys.
During the summer holiday season Easyjet flies to Marseille-Provence airport from 3 destinations in the UK.
- London Gatwick to Marseille-Provence airport (daily flights - during 13 February to 30 November 2023)
- Glasgow airport to Marseille-Provence airport (Saturday and Wednesday flights - during 28 June to 2 September 2023)
- Bristol airport to Marseille-Provence airport (Saturday and Thursday flights- during 30 March to 28 October 2023)
Marseille airport serves a wide geographical area in the South of France. It provides access to Provence, as well as serving the Western side of Cote d'Azur, with resorts such as Cassis, Le Lavandou, St Tropez, Sainte-Maxime and Saint-Raphaël.
Check out Go Languedoc's selection of villas to rent in Cote d'Azur during summer 2023.
Cheap flights to Nimes airport
This former naval airbase has been developed into Nîmes Airport in recent years. Nimes airport or Nîmes–Alès–Camargue–Cévennes Airport or Garons Airport or Nîmes Garons Airport (I prefer just Nimes airport!!), is located 9 km south-southeast of the city of Nîmes in the village of Saint-Gilles near Garons.
The airport operates flights from 6 destinations and helps to serve a catchment area of the Provence region, Avignon, Arles, the Camargue, the Cévennes and the wider Gard department. Nimes airport primarily operates commercial flights with Ryanair and it also continues to serve as a naval air base.
Cheap flights to Nimes airport can be found from the following destinations:
- London Stansted and Edinburgh, UK
- Brussels, Belgium
- Fez and Marrakech, Morocco
- Porto, Portugal
- Dublin, Ireland
Summer 2023 flights from UK to Nimes airport France
This is the 2023 schedule of summer flights to Nimes airport in South France:
- London Stansted airport to Nimes airport (Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday flights - from 28 March to 28 October 2023)
- Edinburgh airport to Nimes airport (Wednesday and Saturday flights - from 28 March to 28 October 2023)
- Dublin airport to Nimes airport (Monday and Thursday flights - from 1 May to 26 October 2023)
Nimes airport in South France is quite handy to reach holiday villas in Provence as well as the Gard department of France. You can find our full listings of cottages and villas to rent near Nimes airport here:
Cheap flights to Montpellier airport
Montpellier airport is the largest and most developed of the Languedoc airports. Due to the demand from business travellers, Montpellier airport is a regional hub for Air France, as well as Ryanair and Easyjet.
In addition, Montpellier airport operates flights to the main cities in Europe, including London Stansted, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Lisbon and Copenhagen.
Montpellier also operates a schedule of flights to North Africa (Morocco and Algeria). Cheap flights to Montpellier airport can be found from the following destinations:
- Algeria, Algers & Oran;
- Morocco, Casablanca, Fez, Marrakech and Nador.
- Belgium, Charleroi.
- Denmark, Copenhagen.
- Corsica - Ajaccio & Bastia,
- Croatia - Pula & Dubrovnik
- France: Brest, Caen, Lille, Lyon, Nantes, Rennes, Paris & Strasbourg
- Germany: Berlin and Frankfurt
- Greece, Athens and Heraklion.
- Holland: Amsterdam & Rotterdam
- Italy: Rome
- Portugal - Lisbon.
- Spain: Madrid and Seville
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Switzerland: Basel-Mulhouse
- Tunisia: Tunis
- UK: London Gatwick and London Luton
2023 cheap flights to Montpellier airport France
This is the schedule of 2023 cheap flights to Montpellier airport in South France. We have highlighted the Saturday flights to coincide with holiday villas that have a Saturday changeover during the high season:
- London Gatwick airport to Montpellier airport (Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday flights - all year; + Daily flights - 15 February to 30 November 2023)
- London Luton to Montpellier airport France (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (2 flights) - 27 June to 2 September 2023)
Flights to Beziers France from UK 2023
The Béziers Cap d’Agde airport in the Languedoc is a small airport that has expanded rapidly since 2010. The airport now receives over 250,000 passengers per year. Cheap flights to Beziers airport France can be found from 9 international destinations:
- Paris Beauvais, France
- Bristol, UK
- London, UK
- Manchester, UK
- Edinburgh, UK
- Dusseldorf Weeze, Germany
- Stockholm Skavsta, Sweden
- Brussels, Belgium
All of these flights are operated by Ryanair. Beziers airport is located just a short taxi ride from Beziers city centre and it is also has a regular bus service to local towns such as Agde, Cap d'Agde, Vias and Marseillan.
Beziers is reputedly, the oldest town in France. It is the capital of the Languedoc wine region - the largest wine producing area in the World, accounting for over 30% of all French wines sold. The centre of the town has recently undergone a much needed make-over and investment is flooding into the town. Beziers is tipped to take over from nearby Montpellier as the next property investment hotspot in Southern France. It is certainly a pleasant place to walk around, with wide avenues, spacious squares and stunning views over the Orb River to the surrounding vineyards. With a passionate following for the local Rugby team and an equally passionate summer festival (the Feria), the local inhabitants (the Biterrois) certainly know how to enjoy the good things in life. The local beaches are just 10 kms away, the wines from the nearby vineyards are excellent and the seafood from the local Etang du Thau (a salt water lake in between Beziers and Sete) is famous throughout France.
Beziers airport is a great option for reach some of the Mediterranean beach resorts along the coast, such as Cap d'Agde, Vias Plage, Marseillan Plage and Serignan. Surrounding Beziers, you also have some beautiful medieval towns and villages such as Pezenas, Margon, Caux, Neffies and Nezignan l'Eveque. You can find a good selection of holiday properties to rent within 25 mins of Beziers airport here: Villas near Beziers airport France.
Summer 2023 flights from UK to Beziers airport France
This is the summer 2023 schedule of Ryanair flights to Beziers airport in South France:
- Edinburgh airport to Beziers airport (Monday and Thursday flights - 1 June to 30 September)
- Bristol airport to Beziers airport (Sunday and Wednesday flights - 27 March to 26 October 2023; + Monday and Friday flights - 1 June to 30 September)
- London Luton to Beziers airport (Sunday and Wednesday flights - all year)
- London Stansted to Beziers airport France (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday flights - 1 June to 30 September)
- Manchester airport to Beziers airport (Monday and Thursday flights - 27 March to 26 October 2023; + Saturday flights - 1 June to 30 September)
2023 Cheap flights to Carcassonne airport
I think that Carcassonne airport must be a hidden secret, because we often get customers asking us "where the nearest airport to Carcassonne?". Either that or the PR Manager at Carcassonne airport needs to be fired. Carcassonne is a small regional airport that like Beziers airport, has grown rapidly in recent years thanks to Ryanair. Cheap flights to Carcassonne airport can be found from
the following destinations:
- Bournemouth, UK (Ryanair)
- Porto, Portugal (Ryanair)
- Cork, Ireland (Ryanair)
- Cagliari, Sardinia (Ryanair)
- London, UK (Ryanair)
- Charlrroi, Belgium (Ryanair)
- Dublin, Ireland (Ryanair)
- East Midlands, UK (Ryanair)
The obvious attraction of Carcassonne is the famous castle which is laid out on a rocky outcrop above the town. The castle is so big that it contains within its walls an amphitheatre, church, hotel, numerous restaurants and a small town. The castle holds one of the best firework displays outside of Paris, on Bastille Day (14 July).
Near to Carcassonne, you also have some beautiful places to visit, such as:
- Mirepoix - a beautiful medieval town with an amazing market every Monday
- Canal du Midi - the famous tree-lined canal which snakes across the South of France from Toulouse to the Mediterranean coast
- Minerve - an historic village once populated by the local Cathars
- Minervois wine region - which produces some of the finest wines in the area, including one which was voted the World's best wine!
- Stunning local villages such as Lagrasse, Caunes-Minervois, Montouliers, Sonnac sur l´Hers and St Jean de Minervois
We have collected together some of the best villas to rent close to Carcassonne airport for summer 2023: visit 9 best villas to rent Carcassonne France
Summer 2023 flights to Carcassonne airport France
This is the 2023 summer schedule of Ryanair flights to Carcassonne airport in South France.
We have highlighted the Saturday flights to coincide with holiday villas that have a Saturday changeover during the high season:
- East Midlands airport to Carcassonne airport (Monday and Thursday flights during 1 June to 326 October 2023)
- Edinburgh airport to Carcassonne airport (Monday and Thursday flights from 1 June to 28 September 2023)
- Bournemouth airport to Carcassonne airport (Monday and Friday flights from 1 May to 27 October 2023)
- London Stansted to Carcassonne airport (Friday and Sunday flights all year round; + Monday and Wednesday flights during 27 March-28 Oct 2023; + Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday flights during 1 June-30 Sept 2023)
- Dublin airport to Carcassonne airport (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday flights - from 25 March to 28 October 2023)
Cheap flights to Perpignan airport
Perpignan airport is the Southern most airport in mainland France. Perpignan airport has recently undergone a much need refurbishment and it has expanded its schedule of flights. Cheap flights to Perpignan airport can be found from the following
- Marrakech, Morocco (Ryanair)
- Agadir, Morocco (Ryanair)
- Paris Orly (Air France)
- Nantes, France (Air France)
- Lille, France (Air France)
- Brussels-Charleroi, Belgium (with Ryanair)
- London Stansted, UK (with Ryanair)
- Birmingham, UK (with Ryanair)
- Leeds-Bradford, UK (Ryanair)
- Dublin, Ireland (Aer Lingus)
2023 Summer flights from UK to Perpignan airport France
This is the schedule of 2023 flights to Perpignan airport in South France:
- Birmingham airport to Perpignan airport (Thursday and Sunday flights - during 1 Jun-26 Oct 2023)
- Leeds-Bradford to Perpignan airport (Thursday and Sunday flights - during 1 Jun-26 Oct 2023)
- London Stansted to Perpignan airport France (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday flights - during 26 Mar-27 Oct 2023)
- Dublin airport to Perpignan airport (Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday flights - 3 May-30 Sept 2023)
Perpignan airport is located just 10 minutes outside the city of Perpignan. The nearby countryside is absolutely stunning and the perfect place for a summer vacation. The wide sandy beaches near to Perpignan are perfect for young children and the rocky coves and crystal water on the Cote Vermeille (which runs down to the Spanish border) are absolutely stunning. Wherever you go in Perpignan, you cannot escape the Pyrenees mountains which dominate the views over the city. Perpignan has a distinctly Catalan culture and you will see Catalan flags and local Catalan dishes everywhere you go. Among the places to visit close to Perpignan, I would certainly recommend:
- Collioure - a beautiful harbour town which has been visited by famous painters such as Matisse, Derain, Miro and Picasso.
- Ceret - a Catalan town located in the foothills of the Pyrenees. Famous for its local cherry harvest and its wonderful Modern Art Museum
- Port Vendres - a popular fishing town recently visited by the famous UK Chef Rick Stein for his TV show and also a popular scuba diving centre
- Local hilltop villages such as Laroque-des-Alberes and Villelongue-del-Monts
I have picked out some of the best villas, apartments and gites to rent near Perpignan this summer: 8 Perpignan villas to rent France
Toulouse airport flights from UK 2023
Toulouse airport is fast becoming one of the major airports in Southern France. It handles around 9 million passengers per year and serves over 70 destinations. The airport is also an important cargo hub and is used by Airbus for flight tests and pilot training.
Toulouse is one of my favourite cities in France and the centre is really pretty. Toulouse is also quite handy to reach holiday villas in the Carcassonne area. There is a motorway link between Toulouse and Carcassonne and the travel time is under 50 minutes.
Easyjet flies direct to Toulouse airport in South France from 2 UK airports:
- Bristol airport to Toulouse airport, France (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday flights - all year)
- London Gatwick to Toulouse airport, France (Daily flights)
Ryanair flies direct to Toulouse airport from the following airports:
- London Stansted to Toulouse airport (Daily flights)
- Birmingham airport to Toulouse airport (Monday and Friday flights - all year)
- Edinburgh airport to Toulouse airport (Sunday and Wednesday flights - up to 31 March 2023; Saturday, Tuesday and Wednesday flights - during 1 April to 28 October 2023; + Friday - during 1 June-15 September 2023)
- Dublin airport to Toulouse airport (Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Wednesday flights - up to 31 March 2023; Monday, Wednesday and Friday flights - during 1 April to 28 October 2023)
Easyjet cheap flights to South France from UK & Ireland
Easyjet operate the following flights to the South of France from UK and Ireland :
- London Gatwick to Nice, Toulouse, Montpellier, Toulon and Marseille
- London Luton to Montpellier and Nice
- Bristol to Toulouse, Nice and Marseille.
- Edinburgh airport to Nice airport
- Belfast to Nice airport (summer season only, 2 flights per week)
- Liverpool to Nice airport (seasonal, 27 March to 28 October 2023)
Ryanair cheap flights to South France from UK & Ireland
Ryanair operate the following flights to South France from UK and Ireland :
- London Stansted to Toulouse and Nimes
- London Luton to Beziers & Nimes
- Manchester to Marseille, Beziers and Carcassonne
- Birmingham to Toulouse and Perpignan
- East Midlands to Carcassonne and Marseille
- Bournemouth to Carcassonne
- Edinburgh to Toulouse, Carcassonne, Nimes, Beziers & Marseille
- Bristol to Beziers and Marseille
- Dublin to Toulouse
Where to next . . . ?
I hope that this article has provided you with some useful information about how to travel to the South of France during 2023. We live in the South of France all year around and we absolutely love being here. We are always out and about visiting new villa rental properties and researching tourism articles about the South of France. We have a great collection of articles with more ideas about things to do and places to go in the South of France, including:
- Best South France beaches to visit in 2023
- Weather in South France
- Where to stay in the South of France during 2023
- Find some great holiday deals to France 2023 with last minute offers
If you would like some more detailed information or if you have any questions, then just drop us a quick message and we will come straight back to you. I wish you a wonderful stay in the South of France. Contact Iain by Email.