Maison Caux is a tastefully renovated holiday home in the wine making village of Caux, just 5kms from Pezenas in the South of France. This 19th century property is on several levels and benefits from several terraces, courtyard garden and heated swimming pool. It can sleep 10 very comfortably in its 5 bedrooms. The location of Maison Caux is superb, 20 minutes to the coast, 10 minutes from Pezenas and set in the most fabulous area for walking/hiking or cycling.
- Heated pool
- Linen & towels provided
- Satellite TV
- 3 bath
- 5 bed
- Air con
- Beach nearby
This holiday home France is situated in Caux. Caux has grocer store, bar/restaurants, wine shops, bakery, post office, pizza take away and weekly market. All within 1 minute walk of the property. The Mediterranean coast is 30 minutes to the south, the hills and mountains 30 minutes to the north, Montpellier, the thriving capital of the Languedoc is 45 minutes away by car. One of the most diverse regions of France, the Languedoc offers mountains, lakes, rivers and beautiful stretches of coastline; major towns and fairytale citadels. Languedoc is one of the most prolific wine-producing areas of France and a happy afternoon can be spent touring the many vineyards and tasting the local produce.
- Beziers (15 minutes), historic town and capital of wine producing and rugby. Especially vibrant in August and during it´s famous Feria. Perhaps the best flower market in the whole of the south on Fridays in the beautiful tree-lined main boulevard.
- Canal du Midi which links the Atlantic with the Mediterranean, miles of flat walks along the shady tow-paths. A choice of boat excursions can be taken.
- Carcassonne castle is well worth a visit, especially on jousting days!
- Roque Haute - outskirts of Portiragnes. Superb botanical reserve.
- Golf courses nearby at Beziers and Cap d´Agde
- Funfair at Vias Plage (July and August)
- Bassin de Thau - a calm inland sea teeming with fish. A breeding place for oysters and shellfish, producing over half the oysters consumed in France. Villages, such as Bouzigues and Meze, have many restaurants serving sumptuous platters of fresh shellfish.
- Haut-Languedoc Regional Nature Park - gorges, Lac de Salagou, a very beautiful area only 30 minutes drive away, with its stunning gorges and superb walking, hiking, river rafting, water sports and carp fishing.
- Roquebrun (called ´Little Nice´) with its Mediterranean garden with over 400 species.
- Pezenas 6km away - City of Moliere with an exceptional architectural heritage. Numerous arts and crafts artists with workshops open to the public. Large market every Saturday.
- Spain - an hour´s drive to the border.
You have your choice of airports across the South of France to reach Holiday home France You can :
Fly to Perpignan (1 hour)
Fly to Carcassonne (1 hour)
Fly to Montpellier (45 mins)
Fly to Nimes (1 hour 15 mins)
Fly to Beziers (30 mins)
Booking terms for holiday home France are as follows.
25% deposit upon booking, balnace due 6 weeks before arrival. €350 euro security deposit required.
Sleeps 8+ (#1)
|Tariff||Valid from||Valid til||Rate|
|August 28 - Sep 30||Monday, 24 August 2020||Wednesday, 30 September 2020||1,525.00€ Per week|
|Oct - Apr||Thursday, 01 October 2020||Friday, 30 April 2021||1,185.00€ Per week|
ReviewsYou need to be logged in to post a review.
- Value for money
We were initially daunted by the manual that we were given prior to arrival informing us of things that had to be adhered to, as 15 pages can be quite a lot to digest initially and with 5 children 10 and under we were starting to become worried. We shouldn't have been as we soon learnt that this attention to detail helped us to get the best from the house and that everything was covered, even the ring binder inside the property of things to do. The pictures do not do this property justice and it was perfect for our 2 weeks its like a rabbit warren of different levels with rooms appearing from nowhere. 3 bedrooms have aircon although the third is a particularly old unit and doesn't work very well. The fridge freezer is very temperamental and one day will fully defrost and the next freeze, hard to purchase anything to go in here as unsure how it will keep. Did not want to inform property manager as there is a call out charge and the problem is intermittent. The location of Caux itself is ideal as you are only 30-40 minutes away from beaches and the mountains so best of both worlds. We were really lucky to be staying there for the town festival and all the locals greeted us warmly.
Reviewer: Lee Godbold, Norwich, UK
Date: Stayed August 2018
Stayed here for a week beginning of September and was delighted to arrive to a villa that exceeded expectations. Based on the surroundings of a lovely Village called Caux it had all the amenities necessary. We enjoyed the local Boulangerie each morning, had a delicious French meal in the restaurant opposite the square and bought local produce from the Friday market to make our own Moules Frites. The villa had plenty of room and benefits from a large walled poolside patio area where plenty of people can dine and relax. As the sun moved thoughout the evening we were able to go up to the other balcony and rooftop sun deck to ensure we didnt miss any rays. Also well placed for nearby Pezenas with its multiple restaurants and bars, a delightful town to wander at night and enjoy some jazz outside while dining. A truly great find and would highly recommend it.
Reviewer: Mr & Mrs Left,
Date: Stayed in Sep 2017
The two weeks here have been wonderful, exceeding all our expectations. House has lived up to all our dreams. We have had wonderful days by the pool and doing some heavy cooking in the kitchen. thank you for the wonderful time in your house here in Caux!!!
Reviewer: Hughes family, Preston, UK
Date: July, 2014